Introduction Brother HL3170cdw Driver for Window OS and macOS
Here, we will cover all the important Brother HL3170cdw Driver Download for Windows OS and macOS which is required to complete the printing process without any hitch. In this post, you will have access to download files such as settings and software.
In my opinion, the Brother HL3170cdw is a good all-in-one printer. I tried wireless connectivity and it’s fast, stable and easy to use.
Brother HL3170cdw is an all-in-one fax machine that also prints, copies and scans documents. Brother HL3170cdw is designed to work brilliantly in your home or office. You can use it to print checks or envelopes, or to convert original images into high-resolution black and white or color copies. It’s fast, impressive and efficient, one of the most productive machines on the market today.
HL3170cdw exhibits a strong focus on print quality over speed, and while this may be fine for some users, others will appreciate the options provided in the control panel.
Download Brother HL3170cdw Driver for Windows & Mac OSX and also Print in color or Black & White. Brother provides solutions that help individuals, small businesses, and service organizations to print more effectively and efficiently. That’s why we are among the world leaders in printing solutions for home/office and workplace environments as well as for mobile devices.
Read on to Download Brother drivers HL3170cdw and install Operating Systems, including Mac Os X, Windows 11, 10, 8 and higher.
Previously I discussed a little about the specifications of this printer, along with the reviews.
Brother HL3170cdw Specification
Brother HL3170cdw Specifications
- Print speed: 18.4 ppm (monochrome) or 16.7 ppm (color).
- Maximum print resolution: 600 x 600 dpi.
- First page out: As fast as 9.1 seconds (black); 15 seconds (color).
- Printing technologies: Laser printing technology with Brother’s Precision Core Technology and monochrome laser engine.
- SMART Ink® Technology with individual color cartridges, 3-way color control system, Auto Photo Fix II™ for easy photo enhancement and borderless photo printing – up to 4″ x 6″, two-sided printing – automatic two-sided printing on media up to A4/Legal size.
- Next generation USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connectivity for direct connect to your PC or Mac® computer
- Wi-Fi Direct optional feature available on select models allows wireless printing from mobile devices within range of the printer without connecting through a router or access point
- Built in Ethernet port offers wired networking capability on select models
- Built in Ethernet switch allows multiple computers to share one printer over Ethernet connection
- Ideal for home office use allowing you to easily share this device between multiple computers
What is Brother HL3170cdw Driver Function
A driver is a software that allows the computer to communicate with the printer. The driver is installed on a computer, and it allows the computer to communicate with the printer.
The driver makes it possible for computers and printers to communicate with each other.
Brother HL3170cdw Driver Windows OS Operating System Support
Brother HL3170cdw printer driver for Windows OS:
- Windows 11 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit, 64-bit)
Brother HL3170cdw Download for Windows OS
Download the Brother HL3170cdw Driver and save it to your computer.
Full Driver & Software Package DOWNLOAD
How To Install Brother HL3170cdw for Windows OS
- Download the installer file for Brother HL3170cdw Driver, and save it to your computer’s hard drive.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run it. The File Installation Wizard will start automatically and guide you through the installation process. Follow any instructions that appear in this wizard on your computer screen.
- When installation is finished, restart your computer.
Brother HL3170cdw macOS Driver Series Operating System Support
- macOS 10.15.x
- OS X (10.10)
- macOS 10.14.x
- OS X (10.9)
- macOS 10.13.x
- OS X (10.8)
- macOS 10.12.x
- Mac OS X (10.7)
- OS X (10.11)
- Mac OS X (10.6)
Brother HL3170cdw Driver Download for macOS
Download the latest version of the driver from here DOWNLOAD
How To Install Brother HL3170cdw for macOS
- Download the Brother HL3170cdw Driver in above.
- Extract the file using a tool WinRAR
- Open the folder where you extracted files and
- double-click on “Setup.”
- Follow all instructions on your screen to finish installation process.
- Restart your computer after installing
Problem Error Brother HL-3170cdw Printer
it’s good that you also have to know the various kinds of errors that occur. In the following, I will explain a little about what problems often occur with this printer, to add to your insight in solving them.
- Brother HL-3170cdw error e1
- Brother HL-3170cdw error print unable 09
- Brother HL-3170cdw error state
- Brother HL-3170cdw drum error slide green tab
Here are some guidelines for dealing with problem errors on the Brother HL-3170cdw printer. chec
How to solve Brother HL-3170cdw error e1
In a friendly tone, Brother HL-3170cdw error e1 is one of the common error with this printer. It states that the print head temperature is too low and needs to be adjusted. There are ways to solve this issue:
- The first thing you need to do is unplug the power from the back of the printer.
- Once you have done this, remove the toner cartridge and wait 30 seconds to one minute before reinserting it.
- Next, go ahead and plug the power cord back into the printer.
- Turn it on and make sure it’s on properly.
- If everything is in order here,
- You should continue troubleshooting the error code should be gone. J
- If not, unplug it again and continue to step again.
How to solve Brother HL-3170cdw error print unable 09
First, make sure that your printer is online and connected to your computer. It should be able to communicate with your computer wirelessly via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable (check the back of the printer for a port). If the printer isn’t connected to anything, it will appear offline in its menu on your computer. If this is the problem, connect it using the steps in its manual.
Solutions Brother HL-3170cdw error print unable 09.
- Turn off your printer.
- If there is any paper inside the printer, remove it.
- Wait for a few minutes and then turn on the printer again.
- You should see a blinking orange light and a message saying, “There is a paper jam in the printer.”
- Open the scanner unit, and remove any jammed paper. If there is no jammed paper, try printing again.
If you were still unable to print successfully after trying the methods above, then try these steps:
If you have this issue, “The printer is waiting for a response from the computer. Please check the connection between the computer and the printer and try again.” This means that there is an error somewhere between your computer and your Brother HL-3170cdw. The most likely cause for this problem is the USB cable, which may be damaged or not plugged in correctly. Check the following:
- Unplug the USB cable from both your printer and your computer.
- Check if there are any bent pins on your USB cable; if so, straighten them with a pin or needle. If there are no bent pins, continue to step three.
- Plug the USB cable into your printer and your computer’s USB port.
- If you were told to restart your computer, do so now. Then try printing again; if the issue persists, then continue.
How to solve Brother HL-3170cdw error state
The Brother HL-3170cdw is a laser printer that can be used for both home and small office use. Though the printer has proven to be quite reliable and efficient, sometimes it may suddenly encounter various error codes. In this tutorial, I will discuss how to solve Brother HL-3170cdw error state.
You’ve probably come across the dreaded “error state” on your Brother HL-3170cdw. The printer has a paper jam, you try to fix it by pressing the reverse button, and then all of a sudden, you’re faced with a screen that looks like this:
It doesn’t look like anything is happening. What do you do now?
- First, check to see if there’s any paper jammed inside the printer.
- Try pulling any sheets that you can reach from the paper tray and from underneath it,
- Check the rollers for any stray scraps.
- Now you can try the offline method
- Turn off your computer and unplug your printer.
- Then wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in.
- The error state should go away and allow you to use your printer as normal.
- If not, then it’s time to show this article below
How to solve Brother HL-3170cdw drum error slide green tab
If your Brother HL-3170cdw is printing with green ink, then you are getting drum error slide green tab error.
This means the printer cannot read the drum, or the data on the drum cartridge has been corrupted. The first thing to do is to replace the drum cartridge. If you are getting this error even after replacing the drum cartridge, then you may need to reset your printer. To reset your Brother printer, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Brother printer and wait until the carriage stops moving and there is a beep sound.
- Open the front cover of your printer by lifting it up.
- Locate a button with a circular arrow at its center on the right hand side of your printer. It should be labeled with “Enter.”
- Press and hold down this button for 5 seconds and release it when you see an exclamation mark over a triangle in an orange box appear on the control panel of your printer.
- Wait until the printer finishes its tasks (about 10 seconds).
- After that, you will get either an error or success message on the LCD screen in your printer.
- Close the front cover of your Brother HL-3170cdw, turn it off and turn it back on again.
You can download the Brother HL3170cdw driver for Windows OS and macOS in this article. You can also install the software on your computer to get printing and scanning support, and all the ways to deal with error problems can be a guide to you.