Introduction Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver for Windows OS, macOS and Fix Error State, Print Unable 02
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver – Brother has been producing high-quality printers for more than 100 years. It’s one of the biggest names in the industry, and it has a wide variety of printers to choose from. The Brother MFC-L8850cdw color laser printer is a great choice for both home and office use because it offers professional-grade features at an affordable price point.
This printer can handle everything from basic business documents to photos, posters and more with ease thanks to its print speeds up to 33 pages per minute (ppm). If you own this model or any other Brother device and need help with driver installation or other technical issues then please refer below article for step by step guide how to install brother driver on your windows PC or Mac OS operating system.
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Features
This printer has a lot of features, some of which include:
- Multifunction printer that can print, scan and copy documents
- Maximum print speed of 35 pages per minute (ppm)
- Maximum print resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver Function
The Brother driver MFC-L8850cdw is a software that allows the users of Windows operating system to access the features and options available on the printer. It works as the middleman between your PC or Laptop and a printer device. The driver will automatically detect the presence of the device upon connection, and will then activate it by installing necessary files and programs on your computer. The software comprises of three main components:
- The printing component which allows you to print documents and pictures directly from your laptop/computer to your printer, as well as change settings such as image resolution, orientation, color scheme, paper size, etc.
- The scanner component which enables you to scan images from an original document into digital files.
- The fax component which is used when you have to send or receive faxes using the machine.
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver Windows OS Operating System Support
- Windows 11 (32-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows XP (32-bit)(64-bit)
- Windows Server (32-bit)(64-bit)
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver Download for Windows OS
First, you need to know the file name of your printer model. and then you download Brother MFC-L8850cdw driver file in below:
How To Install Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver for Windows OS
- Download the driver and run the installer
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the installation process
- Once installed, select a custom install and choose your device (e.g., Brother MFC-L8850cdw) from the list of devices available in the compatible devices section
- Click ‘Next’
- Restart your computer
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver macOS Series Operating System Support
- macOS 10.13.x
- OS X 10.12.x
- OS X 10.11.x
- OS X 10.10.x
- OS X 10.9.x
Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver Download for macOS
To download the driver for macOS, please follow these steps:
Go to the Brother driver here and click DOWNLOAD.
Scanner Driver (ICA) DOWNLOAD
How To Install Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver on macOS
- Download the Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver for macOS.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Click “Continue” to proceed with installation of the driver software on your computer.
- Select a location where you want to save the driver software, and then click “Save”.
- Click “Install” once you are done selecting a destination folder for saving this file (make sure there is enough space on your Mac).
How To Fix Brother MFC-L8850cdw In Error State
If you are struggling with error state in your brother MFC-L8850cdw, then this article is for you.
Error state occurs when the printer cannot print or scan because one of the following requirements is missing: paper, toner, a drum, or an ink cartridge. Error state should be cleared by removing the cause of the error. If you do not want to read about how to solve error state in details, then follow these instructions:
- Turn off the printer;
- Disconnect the power cord and network cable connected to the printer;
- Wait a while.
- Connect the power cord and network cable.
- Turn on your printer.
How To Fix Brother MFC-L8850CDW Print Unable 02
Brother has a number of solutions for customers who receive this specific error message: “Unable 02.” These solutions are all detailed on the Owner’s Manual Error Code Descriptions page, and we’ve listed some below.
If you have Brother MFC-L8850CDW problem, such error like “Unable 02”, you can solve it by using the following methods:
- Press and hold the feed button, then press power button to turn on the printer.
- Wait until all lights on the touch panel are off. The LCD will display: TEST
- Press the Feed button and Power button in sequence, and hold until LCD display shows: SERVICE MODE
- Press the Feed button and Power button in sequence again to show SERVICE CODE
- Enter Service Code “01” with 10 digit Feed Button and Power Button
- Press Power button to confirm your selection
- The machine will automatically perform a print job test after a few minutes of cleaning process has finished
How To Fix Brother MFC-L8850cdw In Error State
In a friendly tone: If you have problems with Brother MFC-L8850cdw, resetting the printer is the first thing you should do. To start the process,
- Open the front cover and wait until the printhead stops moving.
- After that, turn off your printer and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.
- The next step is to hold down the “Go” button for two seconds and release it.
- Use the navigation buttons to choose “Utility” option and press OK to open it.
- Select “Reset” option and press OK again. Choose “Yes” on the next window to confirm your action.
- Wait until your printer restarts automatically and then you can use it again normally.
Always remember to be safe when resetting your device. Make sure that your fingers are not between rollers or in any other dangerous place before pressing any buttons or switches.
We hope you have enjoyed this article on Brother MFC-L8850cdw Driver Download for Windows OS and macOS. This article will be updated every time when there is any update. If you have any question, please feel free to leave a comment below, we will answer as soon as possible.